Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Window Images

As I look through my bedroom window that faces the ocean there is so much that I see. Although my view is obstructed by a screen which cuts my view into a trillion squares boxes which remind me of puzzle pieces. What if this view where constructed into a trillion puzzles pieces? When I put it together correctly,would I still get this amazing view? What about the sounds that I hear and the smells? Since I have moved to Honolulu, every morning I wake up to the sunlight and the noise of the city. I stand up and place each elbow on opposite sides of my candles on the ledge because in the middle of my elbows lies my 2 white candles in clear glass votive holders, and my 3 small Buddhas.
Let me explain my Buddhas, I got all three from my trips to Asia, 2 Buddhas in Thailand while visiting temples and 1 in China. Through the course of my ownership they all have visible injuries from being dropped. One Buddha is missing a hand, One Buddha's head came off, but has been scotched taped backon and the last Buddha's hand was broken off. All three injuries resulted in me crying thinking that my faith and love for my Buddhas was going to be taken away because it appeared I didn't care for them. Well my faith in them and their love for me was not taken away.
Along the side of the screen where I view the beautiful city of Honolulu is my Indian Dream Catcher. I have had my dream catcher so long that I can't remember where I got it, all I know is that I believe in it so much that it was the last item on my studio wall to be taken down when I moved.
So as I look out my window I notice across the street where most of the noise other than the cars, comes from. There is a blue two-story house with a ocean blue roof and a path that leads down the right side of it. The house reminds me of the houses in Astoria Queens, New York where Eastern European ladies would sit on the stoop and gossip, share recipes or give you stink eye while you were walking by. The noise coming from the tenants of the house which I think maybe 10 people live in the whole dwelling, combined with the jack hammering of construction, the whizzing of scooters, honking cars, babies crying, emergency vehicles and helicopters landing on top of the near by Queens Medical could be the compared with the streets of Bedford Stuyvesant in New York. I look at all the buildings that are south of my apartment and try to name them, so far I don't have much luck besides Queens Medical Center. Oh and a gorgeous tall building with blue windows the color of the ocean, the blue part closest to the shore. Maybe I will take longer walks in the middle of town and find out their names and what they are about so that down the road as I gaze out my window I can identify them.
To see what's happening in the city daily is intriguing, the guys from Waste Management maneuvering the dumpster down the street with such skill that it looks like chess moves, up this street down, this street and back into it's original spot. People walking their dogs, woman power walking and a man running up the hill. The smell of, well my renuitz air freshener sitting on the window sill at the time. Besides the air fresher, the smell is crisp and fresh. From my window I can look down and to the left and see a plumeria tree that has a nice big shady spot at the base where I sit in the afternoons while Sophie, my roommate's dog, walks around sniffing the air. I can see the ocean that appears far but when you stare at it as long as I do, it seems so close like my toes are on the edge and I can feel the temperature of the water. I see the airplanes in the air once they take off and also some that are landing. My view from my bedroom window is so amazing, it feels like I am dreaming or that I am awake in a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment