Friday, October 2, 2009

Aloha Honolulu!

As I start this fresh new blog from my desk in my new room in my new apartment which I share with a roommate, I try to figure where to take this topic. Lots of choices come to mind, from blogging about returning to city life, start blogging about my eating adventures, being single in the big city and dating experiences or keep on with the intense Bill O' Reilly type BS that I was yapping about before. I have made a decision I am going to Blog about all of it, the good, the bad and the ugly! With respect to the people that I encounter and those I already know, I will spare all of you readers the names of such characters because at the end of the day, I couldn't sleep if I exposed too much. Plus I want to keep you guessing and intrigued about my next blog. So keep in mind from now on these blogs will be from Honolulu on. I hope you enjoy them and laugh when it's funny and cry with me if I am crying. WTH? I don't plan on shedding a tear for awhile, because there is too much living to do.
Since I have relocated to Honolulu Hawaii from the neighboring island of Kauai, I have been settling into the busy city life of an island that has approximately 900,000 residents. Most transient due to high living cost, military arrangements, college and maybe homesickness. But me, I am adaptable I have lived quite a few places and traveled lots, so this was no culture shock to me. I have told my friends that have never witnessed Oahu that it's similar to Miami, where I use to live at one point. Oahu has the beautiful clear blue water with tons of aquatic life, it has some country parts and then it tops off it's glory with the hustle and bustle of the city including the most famous Waikiki Area and Beaches. The draw to me is that I can go to work in slacks and heels or a chef's coat, change and lay on the beach to either get a Pau Hana tan or watch the sunset.
I am sad to inform you at the time that besides Soul de Cuba, my dining experiences have not been good. It might be in part to my being so busy in moving mode and trying to juggle between job interviews, getting my stuff put up in the hale and getting to know my roommate. So I am not throwing in the towel yet, no way. I have cooked one meal so far and have product for 2 more in the icebox if that tells you about what I have been consuming. However starting next week opportunites of the food part of my life will arise. So I'll skip to the dating part, as I bite the side of my lip I think carefully about what to say.
Well I am interested in someone and I believe that we are in the "talking" and "patiently" getting to know each other. I have no expectations to speak of and of course don't know where it might go, if anywhere. But who does? So for now I am enjoying the time that I spend with him and look forward to getting to know him better. On the other side of that, hmmm. I think I will skip that now and move on to something else.
I left my solo living situation for a roomie situation in the big city for a few reasons. I was growing anti-social, Oahu can be very expensive in specific housing for a single person and I can meet new people. I also chose a roommate situation to save money to buy a house, hopefully next 2-3 years. If anybody is wondering I forecast buying a house here, but than again who can predict what might happen. My roommate is great, she is funny and treats me like Ohana. It's only been five days and I didn't get my hand slapped when I ate off her plate. We share food, we have beers and share You Tube videos and chat till we can't keep our eyes open. She has a dog, a Chinese Crested, which is so cute. I get to walk her daily even though I don't have much experience with dogs but hey, so far she has been a "hot guy" magnet for me. So her walk and my talk makes it a fun adventure.
Well it's Friday night and I am not sure what I might do. Tomorrow my roommate has a roller derby bout that I will go to after she and I go to the beach. It will be the first time going to the beach since I moved here. Yeah I know, surprised it took me this long? I'm not, I had to get all this stuff put away. Well I am tired from a long day and very hungry now so I will bid you Aloha, until next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment