Sunday, October 11, 2009

Patience

Patience by definition means a steady calm. Do I find myself a patient person? I would have to say within the last 2 years yes, but prior to that no. I wanted what I wanted now and didn't care what sacrifice was made for it to happen that way. Now, Now, Now. I can't pinpoint why I am more patient now and what triggered the change, maybe maturity in age maybe unmet expectations of what was obtained so quickly or maybe the thrill of waiting. All I can say is that what tends to transpire after you have waited at least for me, is so rewarding. I realize that waiting patiently the expectations have diminished during the actual waiting process, leaving me with the sense of openness of what is to come. Also it leads to unexpected surprises, things and actions that you might have not predicted the outcome to. If you are a person that likes to control the outcome and/or doesn't like surprises than you may not be a very patient person and that is fine. As for me, conditioning myself to be more patient in my actions and expectations has made me appreciate what I receive, when I eventually receive it, with a lot more gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment