Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happiness

The smell of my daughters breathe while she sleeps, the ruffles in the ocean while I lay beside it, the sound of children laughing while they play. To define happiness you have to look within yourself, because happiness is an emotion defined truly by an individual. What makes me happy may not always be tangible like a new pair or red 4in heels or a brand new shiny Kathy Van Zeeland handbag. My happiness stems from what my daughter does, says, laughs, dances when she hears her favorite song or even the look she gives me when she talks to me. I am also happy when I am surrounded by food, whether it's at a restaurant, a small intimate setting or if I am at the beach with friends and everyone has brought their favorite dish, the feeling is amazing. Making someone else happy or even yourself happy is very important in life. Also be grateful for what you have that makes you happy and be thankful for it. Take a moment today and write out what makes you happy in your life. Once you have finished, read over it and smiled, say out loud how you are thankful for it all; do not be sad for what you don't have, but content that you are blessed with things to make your life a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment